- “Sometimes, it is required to be lonely if you want to prove that you are right.” – At the 2014 G-8 Summit, Vladimir Putin had a clash with the other world leaders, including US President Barack Obama. They were discussing the issue of providing support to Syrian rebels. After some intense discussions, he defended his side by saying what he said.
- “We will chase those terrorists everywhere. If it is in an airport, then in the airport. So if we will find them in the toilet, pardon me, we will rub them out in the outhouse. And that’s it, no discussion.” – In 1999, he responded to a reporter’s question about the Russian war with Chechenya. Then, he outlined this colorful and controversial opinion on counter-terrorism. He later apologized for the statement in 2011.
- “The more I learn about people, the more I like dogs. I simply prefer animals.” – Putin is a well-known dog-lover, according to the Telegraph. He had several dogs throughout his presidency years, such as Konni (a black lab), Buffy (a Karakachan dog), Yume (a Japanese Akita), and Verni (an Alabai puppy).
- “I am the wealthiest man, not just in Europe, but also in the whole world. I collect emotions.” – We don’t know for sure how much Putin is actually worth. Some estimate around $40 billion, according to Fortune. Even so, “The New Tsar: The Rise and Reign of Vladimir Putin” mentions that for Putin, the greatest “wealth” is the feeling of happiness he had when he was elected again to lead Russia.
- “Everything will probably never be okay. But we still have to try for it.” – Back in 2013, Putin was the host of a televised Q&A session that lasted for four hours and 47 minutes. At some point, the Russian president was asked if everything is going to be ok ever again, to which he answered the way he did.
If you enjoyed reading this article, we also recommend reading: 6 Troubling Questions About Russia’s Invasion Of Ukraine