Every historic female politician from every state:
- Alabama: Condoleezza Rice – She was secretary of state while George W. Bush was president and the first black woman to have served in this position.
- Alaska: Lisa Murkowski – Lisa Murkowski is known to be a moderate Republican, and she advocated to open the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to oil exploration and production.
- Arizona: Gabrielle Giffords – In 2011, Gabrielle was shot in the head as someone tried to assassinate her during the first “Congress on Your Corner” that she’s ever been through. She recalls her recovery as a “daily fight”.
- Arkansas: Blanche Lincoln – Blanche serves as a US Representative and a US Senator. When she was elected, she was the youngest woman ever that got elected to Congress at 38 years old.
- California: Vice President Kamala Harris – Harris is the first woman to serve as vice president of the United States, but also the first African-American and Asian-American vice president.